Subject: [Leica] M8 and CV Nokton 35/1.4 examples?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:55:24 -0700

At 12:34 PM -0500 8/28/09, Chris Williams wrote:
>Anyone here use the M8 and Nokton 35/1.4? Thoughts?
>
>Thanks,
>Chris Williams
>www.zoeicaimages.net

I have. The general character of the Nokton is similar to that of the
Summilux pre-asph, as far as I recall, but updated. Unfortunately the
35 CV has a lot of focus shift, which is very noticeable on the M8.
This is about the main downside, but it's a very compact and
generally well performing lens. I now use it as my carry-around fast
lens on the Panasonic G1, where the focus shift doesn't matter.

If you want a fast 35 for not a huge amount of money, the 35/1.2 is a
good performer but then, it's huge in size.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com