Subject: [Leica] IMG: Holiday Snaps and Postcards - Part VIII - Chartres
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:12:42 -0400

Philippe - Really nice views of the church and light show but I found
"Excerpt" the most interesting of all the shots.  I'm not normally one
to comment on other's cropping choices but I'm tempted to on "Excerpt"
because it relates to a discussion we had a few weeks ago relating to
loose vs. tight cropping, showing context, etc.

To my eye, the man on the right in that picture is distracting.
Everything in that shot but him sets a scene of meditation; the wall
of the church, the line of shrubs, the dark door, and the white coat
on the woman, all lead the eye to her small figure sitting quietly,
and, maybe, praying with devotion.  The guy on the right is an intruder.

OTH, maybe that's what you intended?

Regards,

Dick