Subject: [Leica] E6 processing - bygone days...
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:30:15 -0400

Stan,
All Fuji in the US may be going to Parsons, Kansas, soon.  I buy US$11
mailers at my local camera store to send them there.  It's prohibitively
expensive withthe purchase price of the film  and I am probably just using
up my remaining stock of Sensia and Velvia, then switch to Ektar 100 (and
B&W)  for my Leica and Rolleiflex pix and the rest goes digital.

Gone are the days when I paid 3 Deutsche Mark (then ca. 1.6 US$)  for
processing a 36 Exp. roll of  Agfachrome 50S in L?denscheid, Germany (2-day
service).  In those days you would buy Kodachrome 25 & 64  and Agfa CT18 +
21 in Germany typically with the processing mailers included for ca. 8 and 5
US$, respectively (Kodak was always more expensive over there).  I would
send my films from the vacation location to Bonn (Agfa) or Stuttgart (Kodak)
and the slides would be in my mailbox when I got back home.
Jan