Subject: [Leica] Markbook Pro
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:47:17 -0400

2009-08-23-15:58:07 Mark Rabiner:
> I was led to believe that I would be lost in the land of the Panther having
> been used to the world in the eye of the Tiger as I frantically read the
> Panther Pogue book every time I have espresso at the Barnes and Noble this
> week waiting for the fed x man from Shanghai China.

Except I think you meant Leopard.  All these cats are confusing.  But the
current cat (10.5) is the Leopard.  Sadly not alliterative with Pogue.

> Its a tweak. I'm under whelmed. But I'm sure under the hood the coding is
> more like a HAIKU Less like On the Road.

Actually, that's what I'm really looking forward to in the NEXT Mac OS, due
soon in September.  Snow Leopard.  Its stated goal is NOT adding neat
whizzbang features -- it's taking making what now works work with smaller
better faster code.  Less to love.  I think it's a great idea.

I bet since you got your new machine so close to the 10.6 release, it
probably
comes with a free ticket to that ride.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Markbook Pro)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Markbook Pro)