Subject: [Leica] BOATING PAD - Spritsail Dinghy
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:07:06 -0500

My P'dincle is sprit rigged, and the mast on the 17 foot boat is but 8 feet
tall.

So, we usually row out past  harbor traffic, step the mast, raise the main,
stick one end of the sprit into the peak, and the other into the snotter,
raise the jib, and trim by the main sheet, jib sheet, then tighten down the
snooter to get a clean line on the main.

If a blow comes up, all you have to do is loosen the snotter, pull out the
sprit, and you've effectively shortened sail by half!  As others have
pointed out, no boom headachers.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
http://sonc.stumbleupon.com/
Natchitoches, Louisiana
(+31.754164,-093.099080)

If you are wondering, the following abolishes Gmail ads.  ;-)

I enjoy the massacre of ads. This sentence will slaughter ads without a
messy bloodbath.
USA

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] BOATING PAD - Spritsail Dinghy)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] BOATING PAD - Spritsail Dinghy)