Subject: [Leica] M8
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 18:10:01 +0000 (GMT)
References: <1751219421-1250764431-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-1817417149-@bxe1035.bisx.prod.on.blackberry> <4A8E608F.3050002@hale-pohaku.net> <FF5A66BB-40E3-48E3-AA96-44C7355BB8C4@frozenlight.eu> <23a0a61f0908210347q7eb3a64atb88a6c1b134dc9ff@mail.gmail.com> <443AB36EC9613B4A93DCC51E16BA4DF98D14CFF2@LONMAIL.mbam.local> <200908211414.BVD55605@rg5.comporium.net> <443AB36EC9613B4A93DCC51E16BA4DF98D14CFFE@LONMAIL.mbam.local>

Hi Neil, I do have a Nikon D300 and two Nikon 50mnm f1.4 lens of different
vintages, amongst others. I can assure you it is -much- bigger than my M8,
or M6. I also own the new and older Leica 50mm f1.4 lenses. They are both
noticeably better than the Nikon at f1.4, the new one astonishingly so,
probably as much as you might expect from the price difference. The leica
lenses are also -much- smaller.
The differences in quality between the lenses is -much- more easily noticed
in digital than from film, which tends to fuzz out the difference somewhat.
IME
Frank