Subject: [Leica] Britain relaxing with a mug of tea
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:19:52 -0400

> I did not use the term "disadvantaged."
>
> I have a difficult time imagining that
> people with excess weight "?are comfortable with their bodies."
> I'm carrying too much weight.
> My knees, hips, heart and breath
> let me know, in no uncertain terms,
> that I'm consuming more calories than I'm burning
> and that I'm not getting enough exercise.
>
> Many people close to me,
> which I interact with on a weekly basis,
> also carry too much weight;
> and they also regularly let me know that they're
> "not comfortable with their bodies."
> They're self conscious,
> don't fit in chairs,
> tire with the least bit of exertion
> and think they're hungry all the time.
> The media is full of the health effects
> of carrying too much weight;
> every doctor visit will produce a
> "you really need to lose some of that weight;"
> not to mention the social stigma,
> which does not lead to psychological "comfort."
>
> Many of us struggle to eat better, get proper exercise and take
> better care of ourselves.
> The struggle is much harder for some than for others.
> I used to bike regularly, walk the dog twice a day, and do a lot more
> general moving around.
> Since Frost died - I do way too much sitting;
> and just keep telling myself to get on that bike
> and the rowing machine.
> But I haven't biked yet this summer.
> Haven't sat on the rowing machine for well over a year.
> I always have one lame excuse or another.
>
> Tomorrow.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser

I agree with George.
I'm real heavy now and not at all comfortable with it and cont figure out
why anyone would want to be comfortable with an unhealthy condition.
Being overweight is not a philosophy. Its a medical problematical situation.
By the end of the summer I'll be happier and thinner and healthier.
Lots of walking. With camera in hand.
But right now its 88f out there and humid. Its a heart attach.
And I cent leave the place became FedEx is bringing my new Markbook Pro.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Britain relaxing with a mug of tea)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Britain relaxing with a mug of tea)