Subject: [Leica] now Bessa
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:50:41 -0400

> Yeah, if that Bessa III had a 105mm lens and did 6x9.
>
> 105mm f2.    mmmmmmm
>
> I wouldn't even delay, I'd have my credit card out now.
>
> :-)
>
> ....Vick

One thing I will say about 6x7 though; at least in my opinion.
As slides on the light table or contact sheets they appear 50 percent larger
than 6x6's. For some rare optical phenomenon reason.
A sheet of 6x6's you really feel like you need a loupe to really see them
A sheet of 6x7's that feeling is minimal. You can just really see them. They
just jump out at you.
If there is a 6x6 on the light table too no one is going to bother looking
at it. It becomes trivial in comparison.
This to me the reason why Herb and Annie* went from 6x6 to 6x7.
Other than I'm sure wanting nothing to do with that embarrassing old Zeiss
hassy glass.

*
Leibovitz and Ritz

Mark William Rabiner