Subject: [Leica] There are honest people out there :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (TED GRANT)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 09:02:28 -0700

This isn't just about a fine photograph.
It has far more to do with an honorable and fine gentleman photographer with
his attitudes towards? life and other human beings!!!!!!
So many shooters of the day would carry on about the value of their
photograph on the cover? selling the book etc. etc.. demanding a huge "cover
fee!" Illustrating just another overblown twit with an overblown attitude of
themselves and their photography.

Then we have Nathan! Thank God for this one! A fine photographer, a first
class gentleman with a pure sense of manners towards others. Not to forget
his photographic talent he constantly shares with us.
He did the absolutely correct approach to this cover request. It isn't for
us to give the photograph away for free, certainly when it's a request.
Because part of that is a"nice feel good" thing that comes along in praise
we have shot a neat photo someone wants to use on the cover of a book!
Nathan offered: >>>>I decided to propose a symbolic fee of ?50 (license for
this particular use only) and a couple of? copies of the book. They happily
accepted, and the price does not seem? out of line when I look at Alamy for
this type of usage.<<<<<<<<

A kind and simple gesture in this case!
Good on you Nathan, well done mon ami!
ted