Subject: [Leica] Summer fun at the Zen Cafe
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:58:39 +0200 (CEST)

Looks like you had fun indeed Howard.

Congrats on your daughter's marriage, and they lived happily everafter is my
wish for the whole family.

The Telyt seems to have been made fo the G1 - slim and 'light-weight'?

Best from Strasbourg
Philippe

Message du 14/08/09 22:04
De : "H&ECummer"
A : lug at leica-users.org
Copie ? :
Objet : [Leica] Summer fun at the Zen Cafe
Hi Luggers,
I have been off Pender Island for three weeks now participating in my
daughter's wedding (thank you) and then recovering from same.
This has given me the opportunity to join the camera crowd at the Zen
Cafe on Friday mornings three weeks in a row and here are a few
pictures of the summer fun.
First, here's Henning trying out his 400mm Telyt on the Pana G1 -
where the lens turns into the equivalent of 800mm. Hard for me to hand
hold and slide focus at the same time - but not impossible.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Summer+2009+Canada/Henning400TelytG1w.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/nr9ebf

Then here are a series of pictures of the 50mm Nokton f1.1 and the
Noctilux 50mm f 1.0. Henning has borrowed Tom A's f1.1 50mm Nokton and
is going to do a comparo.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Summer+2009+Canada/HenningNoktonNoctiVertw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/p2295o

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Summer+2009+Canada/HenningNoktonNoctiW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/klxdfu

And finally here is a picture of Rick taken with the Nokton 50mm f1.1
on my M8 - one in colour and then processed to B&W in Photoshop.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Summer+2009+Canada/RicNokton50f1_1.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/l86v8p

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Summer+2009+Canada/RicNokton50f1_1BWw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/mp95as

The Nokton depth of field is too razor narrow for consistent accurate
focussing with my older eyes - but I do like the bokah. I think I will
stay with my 50 lux Asph.
It is bought and paid for!

All C&C welcome as always

Cheers
Howard (heading back to the island on Sunday)