Subject: [Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 02:10:19 -0400

> Richard you need to be careful with your terminology and methodology before
> making such bold claims ;-)
> I really wouldn't challenge Leica to an MTF contest though!
> In firmware the E3 adds considerable sharpening even to your Raw files as
> it
> needs to compensate for the softening from the strong low pass filter.
>
> On colour rendition, I am not describing hours of tweaking, I am talking
> about an appropriate profile.
> Default conversions will be set up different ways which is exactly my
> point.
> Post some E3 photos for us. We love pictures hereabouts.. Especially to
> illustrate such extravagant claims of comparable sharpness and superior
> colour ;-)
> We have at least 3 other LUG folks who shoot with both E3 andM8. It will be
> intersting to read their impressions.
> 2009/8/14 Richard Man <richard.lists at gmail.com>
>
>> Calm down Geoff :-) I am not leaving the Church of Leica.

Are we talking about a 2x crop 4/3s camera getting better results than a 1.3
crop Leica M8 really?

Its the kind of thinking that might come out of never making a print.

Or shooting above iso 400.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?)