Subject: [Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 02:39:22 -0700

SO tell me, do you use autofocus with your M8?

I didn't think so :-)

I used autofocus on the E-3, and them fine adjust it using manual
focus if I have the need and have the time. I used the 35-100/2
extensively, also the 12-60 and the 8mm fisheye. I also have used the
35/1.4 ASPH and 50/14. ASPH and the 75/1.4 Lux quite a bit on the M8.

There is NO way the M8 colors are better. Yes, I am shooting RAW,
Leica IR filters, using LR 2.4, camera profile. etc. Sharper? Yes, at
F1.4 :-)

What camera would I use 80% of the time? The M8. It's smaller, and I
love the rangefinder, and yes, the Leica lens, pure and simple. Leica
is great, Leica is a joy. Heck, I'd buy a M9 if I have the money, but
lets not push a non-existent point :-) At least that's my experience
:-)

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: