Subject: [Leica] Fall colors in the Eastern Sierra?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:49:49 -0700

We probably will, assuming there are many colors to shoot. The drought is
playing Hobb with the foliage.
I really like the stretch of 395 around Bridgeport and usually try to
explore that area in late September or early October on our way to Arizona
to open the house and drive south-western Utah and northern AZ.

Coming back across Utah on US 40 we saw how stressed some of the forests
were - very distressing. In other parts of Utah and Wyoming, however, they
have had tons of water this spring. In Coalville the streams were flowing
more vigorously than we have ever seen them and the locals were thrilled to
have blue skys "for a change".

In fact our trip east this year was marked by cool temps, rain, and wind.

Adam