Subject: [Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:06:06 -0400 (EDT)

>What I do know is that lacking a full frame on the M8 is not a big
>deal to me. Even if I didn't do my own printing, it wouldn't be a
>big deal. I also shoot with a Canon. The Leica glass is superior. I
>have photos in my office that I shot with the Canon. When I look at
>one of them, I often think, "That image would look better had I used my M8."

Lacking the full frame also doesn't seem to be a big problem with the DMR as
well.  Sure I'd rather use more of the 280's image circle, but today when I
met with a gallery owner the prints he chose to hang in the gallery were all
from the DMR.  And he remarked about the exceptional detail and color
quality.  The gallery also represents one of Canon's Explorers of Light,
among several other accomplished photographers.  The gallery owner was so
struck by the color quality and detail that he asked what camera I was using.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M9 - not much more expensive than M8?)