Subject: [Leica] IMG: Suncatcher
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 04:57:52 +0000

Jim,

The performance of the 60 Macro Elmarit is very typical of macro lenses, and
is normal for this type of lens.  You get close up, you loose dof.

Cheers,
Gene  -------------- Original message from "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols at
lighttube.net>: --------------

I don't want to leave the impression that I am finding fault with the
Elmarit-R 60/2.8 Macro.  When used as it was designed to be used, it is
capable of great images. It took me a little while to realize how it was
intended to be used. The limited DOF when up close means that this range is
useful only for flat, or relatively flat subjects.  This suncatcher on our
kitchen window is captured in great detail in the image below. The details
in the glass are very good. I have