Subject: [Leica] Elmarit-M 2.8/90mm
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 02:57:32 -0400

> replaced by the 90 f2.5 Elmarit.

It was called by a French Magazine 10 years ago the second "sharpest" lens
for 35mm photography in the world.
but that was before Leica got going with their ASPH's and a whole new
generation of glass.
I have it and then also got a Summicron APO apish as I used to have two
bodies going for my studio and locations shooting of people with black and
white in one and color in the other. So maybe I'll see my Elmarit soon as
I'm not shooting much film any more and digital gives you that's black and
white or color option with every shot.
I cant tell the difference between the two lenses and I made many darkroom
color and black and white 11x14's from both of them. Could not remember
which lens I used for the black and white and which I used for the color
rolls.

Mark William Rabiner