Subject: [Leica] Wyoming
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 21:18:20 -0400

Actually, it was a little more purposeful than that. I set the ISO on
the basis of my experience with the D700 that the noise level is
tolerable at 6400 but increases rapidly above that. Cf. the image of
my son and his dog at 6400 and the night shots at 12800 and 25600:

        http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/f1point4+and+be+there/

The next trip out west, I'll take a tracking mount for longer
exposures at lower ISO and smaller aperture. Hope it's before NEXT
summer!

?howard