Subject: [Leica] Seagate - again
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 16:54:40 -0400

At 02:35 PM 8/1/2009, you wrote:
>I bought a gadget which is to all intents and purposes a hard drive
>connector on one end of a cable, a USB connector on the other and a
>power supply, I found it easy to remove my hard drive from its case,
>plugged everything and there was my data. Not a permanent installation
>but great for this sort of situation, though repairing the USB socket
>in the existing case is another option.
>I used to use this connector for backups to bare hard drives, but it
>was a bit clunky so it is for emergency use only now.
>Google should find one near you.
>good luck,
>Frank

Thanks, Frank, I'll Google it.  I took the hard drive out of the case
but it doesn't mate up to any of the SATA enclosures that I
have.  Mine are pretty old.  The USB socket had been soldiered in two
tiny places and that's what broke loose.  I called the nearest
computer repair place and asked about having it soldiered back on,
but the guy (who called me Honey) said that would ruin the
motherboard and my computer.  I explained that it was an external
hard drive but he said he didn't do that kind of work and didn't know
anybody who did. :-(   I'll look for the connector.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Seagate - again)