Subject: [Leica] D700 50'cron update
From: stikwa at comcast.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:41:01 -0700

On Jul 25, 2009, at 2:30 PM, David Rodgers wrote:

> FYI to anyone interested, I'm discovering that to get the most of
> Leica
> lenses it may not be wise to rely on any default settings on the D700.
>
> Putting Leica lenses on a D700 is not as plug and play as I first
> thought, IOW. It's certainly not as P&P as using a chipped Nikkor.
> OTOH,
> the potential may be greater.

I'm returning to this thread David...

it was my assumption you are using the Leitax adapters for
this...correct?

if yes, could you please comment on ease of modification,  problems,
other details on carrying it out...?

if not, what are you doing to adapt the leica R lenses to the Nikon
D700?

thanks,

Steve