Subject: [Leica] Backs at Backlight
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:13:59 -0400

> I got to hold his negative of the "Sand Nude" in my hands, to be contact
> printed with a light bulb wrapped with Kleenex and developed in amidol.  I
> felt at one with the universe.

I have a video of a film of Eddy W. doing that which Charis at his side
helping him he had a slight shake. He'd leave the lightbulb on until it felt
right.
A well felt print exposure.
>From a well felt 8x10 negative in the tidepool exposure.

The Kleenex I didn't notice I guess it was that asbestos kind.

But perhaps timed in the soup. Maybe with a clock. Maybe he counts clicks
like those crazy zone VI people.

I'd like to state on list as Steve contacted me off list that I'm not down
on flower shooting and those who do it nor the flowers who pose for them..
Its just not my thing as a regular theme on a regular bases.

I last month on the lug made quite a big deal about the dentist in NJ who
shot all those excellent flower shots with the medium format Hasselblad
digital and the velvet black background. Then made a huge "book" from it
which he sold to one sucker for 6 million and recouped his retirement fund
after all.
Enviable work.

I'd go for the black velvet every time.

Mark William Rabiner