Subject: [Leica] Backs at Backlight
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:13:27 -0400

> I spent almost a decade
> carrying a portfolio of
> matted 8x10, 4x5 and 120 Ektachromes,
> a Macbeth light box
>
> and a loupe
> for those interested
> in all that was there.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser

Me too George I had slide pages mixed into my stack o prints.
As did everybody I knew.
Who was a photographer.
Which was half the people I knew.
In Portland Oregon
Circa 1975- 2005

I let them use their own light table though.

I read in the 80's and or 90s a typical New York photographers portfolio was
round. It was a Kodak carousel. No projector was needed all the art
directors and editors had them.

I went that route from time to time.
But slides of my prints never cut it for me.

I knew a guy who loved the slide pages and had his fine black and white
prints which were made by him into 4x5 transparencies to match up with all
the other ones shot in camera.
For continuity. So they could all be slide pages.
I think a case can be made for less continuity.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Backs at Backlight)