Subject: [Leica] OT: Eurotrip Question
From: grduprey at (grduprey at
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 19:09:07 +0000

We called our card companies and gave them dates, locations etc. and had
zero problems with them being approved, one was over 2500 euros for the DMR.
 This was last August through November.

-------------- Original message from Spencer Cheng <scheng at>:

> I had a discussion with Visa once about this. It turns out even if you
> notify them that you are travelling, give them the dates, countries
> and all the other details, they still will flag purchases of unusually
> high value and force you to do a phone verification. Hotel rooms and
> travel related charges are fine though you can easily spend $K on a
> hotel stay. Go figure.
> Regards,
> Spencer
> On Jul 23, 2009, at 15:22, Sonny Carter wrote:
> > It also is a good idea to notify the bank that you plan to travel.
> > Eric was
> > unable to purchase a bow at a Paris Luthier because the bank
> > suspected the
> > charge wasn't in his pattern.

Message from simon.apekop at (simon jessurun) ([Leica] OT: Eurotrip Question)
Message from reid at (Brian Reid) ([Leica] OT: Eurotrip Question)
Message from sonc.hegr at (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] OT: Eurotrip Question)
Message from scheng at (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] OT: Eurotrip Question)