Subject: [Leica] Se ñ oritas at the phone
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:33:27 +1000

Mark you sidestepped my questions and truncated my comment again.
I think that your remark about knee-jerk thoughtlessness is unreasonable.
You are suggesting that the only acceptable street photographs are of people
who are aware and smiling. That is just silly.
In fact Lluis typically shoots from very close with a wide or certainly not
longer than a 90. He very often does interact with his subjects. In any
event, this is all very common street technique.
I often shoot the same way as do many on this list. Sharing photos and
different people and places is a large part of what we are here for, surely?
Certainly we need to be mindful of society standards and decency etc.

Females should not be photographed because they are all lawyers and you
might be sued????
Photographing women is targeting them?
A couple of stereotypes for you right there!
Naturally I commented in defence of my friend.
Never mind.