Subject: [Leica] The River Tyne from winter walks
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:18:43 +0200

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/tyne/TyneIMG003.jpg.htmlHello Dick,

thanks for taking a look.

The lighthouse was built in 1898 by John Miller of Tynemouth.

I actually think it's about the lighthousiest lighthouse I've ever seen
- I climbed up the steps to the light once, but never again, it's a
horrifying experience. The stairs are about 2 feet wide and there are
people going up and down at the same time. The inside of the lighthouse
is open so all you see is the long drop to the bottom.

Here's a shot without the lifebelt for you:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/tyne/TyneIMG003.jpg.html

I once managed to do the complete riverside walk from the city centre to
Tynemouth - I'll see if I can find some more pictures of it, and some
from the Tall Ships visit.

Cheers
Douglas