Subject: [Leica] 4/3's lens firmware updates
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:48:53 -0400

Mark - I think this design approach is going to lead to a whole new
generation of light, small and highly capable lenses.  The day may
come when the highly corrected optics we so prize today will become
anachronistic, like a mechanical watch.  Will the fine Leica lens go
the way of a Rolex?

I'd really like to read about the comparative advantages and
disadvantages of firmware vs. optical correction of lens aberrations.
Geometric distortion and lateral chromatic aberration are the two I've
heard they can do now.  I wonder what else is possible.

Regards,

Dick