Subject: [Leica] IMG: Olympus E-P1 and 90mm Leica Summicron
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:04:17 -0700

Does anyone have comments about the image quality and ease of use of the
Olympus EP-1 vs. the Panasonic G1?  I was thinking that one of them might
make a great companion to the M8, particularly for travel.  Think about it:
The M8 for fast lenses, wide angle and "normal."  On the micro 4/3 camera,
35-90mm M-mount lenses become telephotos from 70-180mm equivalent. It's an
outfit that can handle almost anything. And with one set of lenses. Maybe
add that old manual focus SLR macro lens you've probably got gathering dust
in the closet.

The question is whether the micro 4/3 cameras have good enough image
quality, and whether they are convenient enough to use in this context.  Of
course, neither camera has exactly the features mix I'd like:  The G1
supposedly has a weaker AA filter, but doesn't have image stabilization. The
EP-1 has IS, but doesn't have an optical viewfinder.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Olympus E-P1 and 90mm Leica Summicron)
Reply from pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark) ([Leica] IMG: Olympus E-P1 and 90mm Leica Summicron)