Subject: [Leica] Scanning
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 01:05:17 -0400

I'm so happy I no longer have any skuzzy stuff anywhere near my computer
that I want to jump for joy on a regular basis.
Worms.
That's what they are.
A huge magnet throwing your computer off kilter.
USB is such a joy.
When I see that Intel commercial for that USB inventor guy I almost don't
throw up.
Firewire also and its later derivations.
Gifts from god.
Don't leave home without em.

Your film scanner is your darkroom for your whole previous pre digital body
of work.
Don't skimp on it.
Get the 5000ED.
Who Ed is they never tell you but he sure knows how to scan film.
I'd recommend to buy a new one but realize that there may be too good  a
deal to get it on eBay. And hope it does not need to be cleaned out.
I take it back get a new one.
Its great to  have a nice stack o prints from your negs as well as your
"captures". A word which needs help.
Let them sort thru your stack and try to figure out which ones were shot on
film and which ones were shot with a digital camera.
I think if you're doing it right they wont know.

Mark William Rabiner