Subject: [Leica] Live view medium format fashion shoot
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:54:33 +1000

I'm no medium format digital expert. First part looked like a tethered MF
camera (camera LCD review?) rather than LiveView? Looking at image (just
shot?) previews rather than LiveView???
No idea how you could focus on a screen pressed against your nose though.  I
certainly would love an opportunity to photograph Keira though. Very elegant
features and lively personality, I'm sure.

I think Mark that the common expressed reservation on LiveView (my
opinion) is that the current standard (for example the Pana G1) is inferior
to the RF view on an M. My own limited look agrees with that. Functional
view like a good digital video camera when subject is stationary. Quite
disconcerting tearing and delay when panning in low light. I never read any
'idiot' suggestions here, except yours ;-)
More than willing to listen to explanation or refutation on the medium
format operation. No experience here. Hasselblad keeps sending me very
seductive emails on the subject..