Subject: [Leica] The Leica M8.2 Experience
From: stikwa at comcast.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:50:55 -0700

On Jul 13, 2009, at 10:39 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Good article, David, although at the end of the day I disagree with
> your assessment of the M8--I have had one since December, and after
> more than 6500 pictures, the shutter sound does not bother me in the
> least. It is still way quieter than any of the DSLRs I used while
> wandering in the wilderness since 2004.
>
> Sure, I would prefer the 8.2 but I was/am not willing to pay the
> difference for what are essentially cosmetic improvements.

hi Nathan, my M8.2 came about  "free" by getting rid of things I
hadn't used in several years...

so I couldn't resist, and I grabbed the new 8.2...

I use the M8 or the 8.2 (which I slightly prefer)...

the main reason being that I prefer the black dot to the red dot...

this is more important than the relative sounds of the two, and yes
the 8.2 is quieter...(I like that, but no big deal really)

You may recall I mentionned some of this recently, a tongue in cheek
note here,

the point being that the M8 and 8.2  are quite the same camera, and
identical in performance...

while well aware of their shortcomings, I love both...

Steve