Subject: [Leica] Nikon Rumors
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 22:26:18 -0400

Yes yes yes and yes.

The low end full frame cameras are 3 grand now.
In six months I'd expect them to be 2 grand.

I'll be able to swing full frame sooner than later.
As of the past 6 months Pros are not investing money in cropped format glass
and bodies.
Not 1.5 crop not 1.3, not 1.6 and not 2.
In months not years this stuff will all be viewed as low level stuff.
The wedding photographer wont be shooting with it.
Because half the people in the wedding party will be shooting full frame.

But there's no conflict because of the M9.
We will be right back in the ball game before you know it.
Though the price point might be a hold back.
There's always been people on the LUG who felt very strongly that they need
to be making big commitments to glorified point and shoots. And not a Leica
screw mount. Or Rollei 35. Or M. Or a camera which serious photography is
going to be done. I was always amazed at least when I first came on a dozen
years ago as Leica is supposed to be a pocket camera; a camera you have with
you. But a camera idea which lets you do quality results. And you could. And
you did.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Nikon Rumors)