Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another beach panorama, this time with the rights bits from Manfrotto
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 22:55:51 +0200

Thanks Mark (and Roger on the PAD list).

To answer your question: the Manfrotto bits I refer to are mainly
designed to keep the camera level and to ensure that for a given lens
coverage and desired extent of the panorama (i.e. 180 - 270- 360
degrees) you take the correct number of images, evenly spaced.
Specifically, what I have is the following:

- an ancient (early 1990s) and heavy Manfrotto tripod
- on the tripod, a Manfrotto 338 levelling base
- on the base, a Manfrotto 300N panoramic head
- on the panoramic head, a bracket to hold the camera

WIth this setup, I can level the camera, then "program" the lens on
the 300N head which has click stops. This way, I can calculate exactly
how many exposures I need to take.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman