Subject: [Leica] Bonfire at Lanes Cove
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 22:25:28 -0400

Jerry:

I think you'll have to wait until November for that.

Some towns have dropped the fireworks this year for financial reasons.

There used to be a lot of bonfires along the New England coast in the
'50s.  They're a lot less expensive than twenty minutes of fireworks,
and last longer.

This is what it looked like this afternoon... almost three stories high!
http://www.half-fast.com/LanesCoveBonfire.jpg

I'd be at the fireworks only eight miles away in Boston, but it has so
many people attending that it takes a couple of hours to get home.

I'm watching the Boston Pops concert now on CBS, the fireworks are
scheduled to be set off in a few minutes at 10:35.

Jim

Ireland forever, England Never.