Subject: [Leica] Swastika Laundry
From: Neil.Beddoe at mbamfunds.com (Neil Beddoe)
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:32:42 +0100

Hitler never went to Liverpool.  It's a myth perpetrated by Alois Hitler's
wife Bridget.

Sir Ian Kershaw :  "There is actually an eye witness to Adolf Hitler's
presence in the men's home in Vienna in February 1913 at a time when he is
supposed to be in Liverpool. Beyond that, the records kept by the men's home
were very careful records and they recorded when people were residents and
when they left. Adolf Hitler did actually leave the men's home just for a
few days and they recorded his departure and his return in May 1913 when he
left to go to Munich. They again registered his departure. Since the records
are so carefully kept, they would unquestionably have recorded a departure
of his in 1912 had he been going to Liverpool. What a wonderful surreal
image to think of Hitler standing on the terraces at Anfield, but there
isn't a grain of truth in the story."