Subject: [Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell now Canon CA and Leica
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 16:42:03 -0400

We do have 1.4's and faster glass which are amazingly great wide open.
But here we are shooting wide open at slow shutter speeds say a 30th of a
second.
And we are talking about the people maybe standing next to us shooting with
the 5D's and D3's shooting at many many times faster ISO's than we are.
Not just a couple of f stops, but
 4'x, 8'x, 16x faster ISO's or EV's.
3 4 5 f stops.

So they're stopped down shooting them as they are in fast motion.
And we are squeezing off slow shutter speeds and wide open on top of that.
Who'd I rather be?
Sure I already have a full Leica glass lineup.
But I'd rather be the guy shooting at the high shutter speeds and stopping
down.

When the M9 comes out it will I'm sure be a different ballgame.

By then I'll be dead or broke or both.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell now Canon CA and Leica)