Subject: [Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell now Canon/Nikon
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 18:03:06 +0100

Hi Mark,
Super high iso is not bad on the 5D, but I almost never use it. 400
asa is pretty high iso to me :-) since my film experience. The depth
of field is smaller, but the difference is often exagerated. Many
people would not notice that the DoF is a bit greater with the APS
sensor size.
I do fairly large prints. IME the smoothness depends on pixels and
dynamic range and is nothing like the big difference we saw between MF
and 35mm film for example.
I do not believe that the size analogy is exactly the same as film.
Sure larger sensor is better but this is more about dynamic range and
high iso not smoothness of tone and detail, like it was with film.
Bigger is better but in different ways (that are not so important for
me). If you were talking film, I would agree.
Frank