Subject: [Leica] Viet nam 1968! :-)
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:23:01 -0700

Ted:

As a young Marine Crops Sergeant I turned down a Navy School of
Journalism 4-year degree and Lieutenant's bars instead of a 3d
enlistment that would have placed me in Da Nang just before the Tet
Offensive.

I suppose that, had I survived, they'd have kept their word and I'd be
another dumb-ass 2nd looey.  Just what the world needs.

My buddies in Nam told me to stay the hell out and they'd kick my ass
if they found out I'd reenlisted.  "it's not what you think it is,
over here" they all said.

So Ted, maybe you have a brain in your head and maybe what you turned
away from was what many thousands of others around the world turned
away from.

There are many ways to demonstrate courage.  Only one of them involves
warfare.

With respect,

Bob