Subject: [Leica] IMG: Postcards from Dresden
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:21:48 +1000

My Dresden gallery is here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/g/d/
We arrived the day prior to President Obama's overnight stay. The security
for his Germany visit was reported to cost 13,000,000 Euros.
We saw at least half of that in the form of Polizei in endless streams on
the autobahn into Dresden.
I started to photograph some of the security personnel, when it occurred to
me that it may not be entirely sensible to disrupt my holiday plans with an
unsceduled chat in some basement.

Dresden itself was very substantiall rebuilt and this is ingoing. In major
buildings you can see the patchwork effect of new stone with the salvaged
oxidised stone from the original structures.
A very striking and interesting city.

--
Cheers
Geoff