Subject: [Leica] If You Were Buying an M8 Today...
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:59:07 -0700

I have an M8 bought about 6 months after they came out. I use it a lot
but, of course, not for the images that need a long lens where my
Canon and Leica glass work well together.

Next year I'll be traveling and I'm thinking that Tri-Elmer would be a
great lens to carry with me.

I have not upgraded the M8 to the new shutter. In fact I'm not even
sure how to do that or how long the process would take. I wouldn't
mind being a tad quieter.

Images from the M8 need less manipulation than those from the 1Ds Mk
II Canon that's for sure. And the Canon lenses don't measure up to the
Leica lenses. My most common 1Ds lens is the 100 APO, after that the
Leitz 560. If i have to I use the 70-200 Canon zoom but Tina is right:
fringing galore.

Adam