Subject: [Leica] Chills on the lack of the OVF on.. *Olympus* E-P1
From: jacques_bilinski at yahoo.com (jacques bilinski)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

?An astonishing number of people find it acceptable to hold their camera up
in the air and compose on the screen on the back, even believing they can
achieve sharp results that way. I do not think it will ever happen.
<<<<

This is just a function of shutter speed. If you need a shutter speed X
times faster to obtain a sharp image holding your camera this way then you
need to change your procedures to use faster shutter speeds. The IS
alone?buys you about three stops, plus sensors are getting less noisy at
higher sensivities.

As for all the talk about this camera being a toy unsuitable for 'serious'
work I find?these statements a bit ironical on the Leica list of all places.
It's exactly what was said about the Lleica when it first came out.

Who knows it's possible, but not too likely in my opinion, that?we may see a
camera like this with an optical viewfinder some day. The Cosinas first came
out with a finderless camera before bringing out?ones with built in
viewfinders.?The Contax G1 and G2 are the only cameras I can think of with
interchangable lenses and built in zoom viewfinders. ???

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Chills on the lack of the OVF on.. *Olympus* E-P1)