Subject: [Leica] IMG: PSE Creativity
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:39:22 -0700

Jim Nichols offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: PSE Creativity

Hi Ted,

Thanks for looking. I find that my ability to hold the camera steady in

awkward positions has deteriorated with age.  I hope that your workout

regimen makes this easier for you. In this case, I liked the composition, so

decided to see what I could salvage.  However, it is not a substitute for a

sharp photograph.<<<<<<<,,

Hi Jim,

Sharpness is a must in most cases. However, having the knowledge in how to
"save a moment of visual time" using some kind of "Artistic License" :-) is
OK when necessary. I'm not saying in every case, but in this I feel it kind
of saved the day. The bottom line is as long as it still makes folks
oooohhhh and aaaawwww over the picture then it's cool for a touch of the
Artist in you! :-)

I have no doubt my work outs make a difference in handling any of the gear
or carrying a hefty camera bag on the left shoulder. Not only that, it just
makes for a better overall physical well being.

Cheer,

Dr. ted :-)

Jim Nichols

Tullahoma, TN USA