Subject: [Leica] 8 Gig cards? M8?
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:06:44 -0400

sata disks are on another pricing free-fall.  if you look around,
you ought to get Terabyte drives for $90-$100.  just 2 years ago,
20 cents / Gig was a good price, now it's less than half that.
i recently got a pair of 1.5 TB drives
from Dell for $199 the pair, on one of the very many sales they run.

lately, with disks so cheap i run them RAIDed (RAID1), either software raid
on my linux desktops, or RAID NAS enclosures like the Dlink DNS321
(just over $110, Gigibit ethernet, and  takes 2 sata drives up to 1.5TB).

...and just a hair over 20 years ago, we got a fujitsu eagle, 450 MB, size
of
a legal file cabinet drawer, and sounded like a jet engine at full thrust...

-rei