Subject: [Leica] Olympus Pen 50 years
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 16:50:22 -0400

Yes the Sonnar is a more advanced design than the earlier simpler kinder
gentler Tessar.
Seldom do I not use it not stopped down except at infinity for something far
out as its a 40mm lens and my guess to matic focusing is only so good.

Mine is not Singapore so the collectors would love it if they could get
their greedy little hands on it which they never will.

Rollei a couple of years ago made a 40mm Sonnar which a friend of mine has
often on his Leica m6. An urban rumor its not so great close in.

But I'm a 40 user today.
Says Summicron C on it. And again no Singapore.

I think Rollei 35 use made me get into Leica M use.

Mark William Rabiner
http://www.collectiblecameras.com/catalog/images/Rollei35-db.jpg

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Olympus Pen 50 years)