Subject: [Leica] Olympus Pen 50 years
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 16:14:48 -0400

When the Rollei 35 came out it was much smaller than most the half frame
cameras being made.
A life support system for a 35mm cassette.
It kept the film dark.
And you'll put out a real Zeiss Tessar 3.5 (my version) or Sonnar (great for
submarines) 2.8 on latter versions.

Like the Olympus Om1 it sent them all back to the drawing boards.

And of course now the camrea companies all know about this already with
their insidious marketing schemes. Designed to make you spend money. On
stuff you already have. But not so compact.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Olympus Pen 50 years)