Subject: [Leica] Postcards from Detroit
From: rhart76 at gmail.com (Roger Hart)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:55:50 -0400

Frank,

Thanks for buying the book and the kind words. While my cameras were
supposed to be focused on the cars, I kept finding myself photogrpahing the
people. And 20 years later, it is the people that most people find far more
interesting than the cars. Plus, the period where the pit was as open to
photographs is now long gone.

Roger

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie at
btinternet.com>wrote:

> Can't resist buying the book, great pictures, many of friends and
> colleagues. Fantastic. The front cover shows Chris Dinnage and Colin Watts,
> mechanics I worked with for years. Jacques Lafitte and Keke Rosberg are
> amongst my best friends. Things were much more fun back then! Jacques and I
> had time to go trout fishing together. They are both still at the races,
> Jacques always (commentating for TF1), Keke often since his son Nico is now
> driving.
>
> cheers,
> Frank
>

> On 1 Jun, 2009, at 14:33, Roger Hart wrote:
>
> Phillipe,
>>
>> The picture of Laffite and Rossberg is one of my favorites. Thanks for
>> looking.
>>

>> Roger
>>

>> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 4:09 PM, <philippe.amard at sfr.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Chateau Laffite and Prosit !
>>> Can't be a bad book.(wink)
>>>
>>> I really love your compositions and BW quality.
>>> Kuddos !
>>>
>>> Philippe
>>> (formerly Gitanes, now B&H coughing team).

>>> Message du 29/05/09 17:17
>>> De : "Roger Hart"
>>> A : "Leica Users Group"
>>> Copie ? :
>>> Objet : [Leica] Postcards from Detroit
>>> As a most-time lurker, I know there are quite a few LUGers who are also
>>> car
>>> enthusiasts. Following a discussion with Dr. Ted regarding *Real
>>> Photographers Shoot Black and White*, he suggested a shout out to the
>>> group
>>> on my book about the Formula One races through the streets of Detroit
>>> back
>>> in the 1980s. The book was published by Bull Publishing, a respected
>>> motorsports book publishing house, and the quality of photo reproduction
>>> is
>>> excellent. All photos in the book are black and white, and a few were