Subject: [Leica] OT: D3x vs. 'Blad CFV 16MP full sized samples
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 08:03:03 +0100

Hi Mark,
IIUC, the absence of IR filter over the senso ris to do with the angle
of incidence of the light -in- the camera, it would cause a worse
colour balance problem with some WA lenses than the external filter
which we have. OTOH the filter thing is a bit of a pain, and expensive.
It has nothing to do with the AA filter. Leaving that of is a
completely different thing. They -could- have chosen to use an AA
filter and no IR filter. Perhaps the AA filter efficiency/
effectiveness is also affected by the high angle of incidence of
rangefinder WA lenses too.
cheers,
Frank