Subject: [Leica] OT: D3x vs 'Blad CFV 16MP full sized samples
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:25:50 +1000

Hi George.
Yep,
huh?
yep,
yep.
Artefacts then from the jpg conversion after. Owing to the detail content
the jpg version with minimum compression is BIGGER than the losslessly
compressed DNG. (8MB vs ~5MB)
.
But I was just putting up something in somewhat similar conditions to Ming's
shot for anyone else following the discussion.
I'll take it down and anyone intersted can send me a note
2009/5/29 George Lottermoser <imagist3 at mac.com>

> certainly a nice sample
> but also a tad artifacty
>
> the only way to really make this kind of judgement
> is to look at the actual raw files and large prints.
>
> also
> Ming is shooting with M8 and knows how the files appear
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george at imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist
>
>  On May 28, 2009, at 7:14 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
>
> For comparison if you are interested. Go to my temp gallery. Last shot is
>> uncropped from M8 with the APO Summicron 75 ASPH. Downconverted to jpg and
>> sRGB. Capture and some web sharpening applied.
>> Clicking on thumbnail will go direct to full size jpg of about 3MB (light
>> compression).
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/te/
>>

>> 2009/5/29 Thein Onn Ming <mingthein at gmail.com>
>>
>> For George, Mark and anybody else who might be interested...some full
>>> sized
>>> files (JPEG, converted from RAW using ACR) from the D3x (with 24-70/2.8
>>> and
>>> 105VR micro; arguably two of the best lenses Nikon has today) and

>>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/3573849245_4776a4c694_o.jpg
>>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3639/3573842195_769c55cfb0_o.jpg

>>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3572/3573831647_f85b31aa81_o.jpg
>>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3610/3574628948_2e7197f2ff_o.jpg