Subject: [Leica] OT: D3x vs 'Blad CFV 16MP full sized samples
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 18:51:00 -0500

truly appreciate your taking the time to upload these
but they drop into artifacts to soon to really see what might of been
there in the RAW files

the D3x files appear overly sharpened (for my taste)
making it difficult to determine what the micro detail of the raw
file actually is.

The crazy wonderful thing about the DMR and M8
is their amazing micro fine detail right out of the camera
with no sharpening.
a crop from a DMR frame: < http://imagist.com/paw_07/07_wk_24/bin/
images/large/L1002515.jpg>
and then really getting in close <http://imagist.com/paw_07/
closeup_L1002515.jpg>

from the landscape shot it does appear that the CFV back may also
have this ability.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com