Subject: [Leica] a quick hello, now M 8.2
From: mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming)
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 09:24:24 +0800

Yes. I tested the 8.2 for the magazine alongside my 8; no differences
from an imaging point of view.

Significant other differences:

-sapphire screen - buy a $5 screen protector. No biggie.
-S idiot mode - uggggh. Definitely not.
-Improved framing - yes, but it actually doesn't make that much of a
difference as you might think
-black dot, different covering - no big deal. I tape up my M8 anyway.
-the biggest difference...the new shutter is *REALLY* quiet. More
like the silent 'tic' of a Nikon with the mirror up. I'd consider
upgrading my shutter, but not for the stealth (M8 is quiet enough)
but more because the vibration is quite a lot lower. That could be
worth a stop of handholdability.
-new fast charger. I've got one on order. The current one is simply
quite unacceptable...5 hours to charge a battery?!

Ming

On May 23, 2009, at 6:07 AM, Steve Barbour wrote:

> anyone now using an M8.2 who has used an M8?   Care to tell us
> about it?  Its pro's and con's  ??
>

> many thanks, Steve

THEIN Onn Ming
*photohorologer ming at www.mingthein.com