Subject: [Leica] good enough (was: a quick hello)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 19:15:48 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

I'd love to get my 90 APO ASPH Summicron going again.

But having it turn into a 120mm I'm less into....

The idea of shooting through just the center section of that gorgeous work
of art lens which I paid $3,495.00 for in sept of my 2000 years really does
appeal a lot less to me. For $3,495.00 I'd want the edges. That's where a
lot of that money went. Making sure the edges would be there.
<<<

Likewise for me with my gorgeous 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt.  OTOH using the
center section is a lot more productive than having it get dusty on a shelf
because I can't use the corners.  There are full-frame cameras from N and C
that it can be adapted to but with these cameras I'd be limited to a manual
aperture, an inadequate viewfinder, and mush from an AA filter.  I prefer
to use the center section than to slow it down and dilute its gorgeousness.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?