Subject: [Leica] a quick hello
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:02:36 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

30x40 by the way seems to be the format JAMES NACHTWEY is using in his
latest show in LA with output using K3 Epson inks and printer and from a
canon full frame camera. Preferring wide glass.
<<<

[RANT]
I don't care what format Nachtwey or any other famous person is using.  The
context of his photos and his target market are entirely different from
mine, as they are for numerous other people who know what they want from
their camera.  I care more about the content and quality of my photos than
what's good enough for someone else.

Where the format and brand of camera a famous person uses matters is when
selling a product to people who don't know what they want or how to get
what they want.  It's hero worship and marketing departments use it to
manipulate us into buying their products.
[/RANT]

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] a quick hello)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] a quick hello)